Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Seeking

I've spent so much time in the last two years working as a Volunteer Faith Based Dorm Coordinator and becoming certified as a Certified Volunteer Chaplains Assistant while my personal life began suffering and our financial life unraveled. 

Oh we prayed, yes we prayed for financial relief and for blessing upon our family, home and careers but we still felt we remained in the desert!  Why Lord, we would ask?  Quiet.  Please Lord, we would plea!  Quiet.  Help us Lord, we would cry!  Quiet.

Then it hit me, yes I was serving God and His people.  I was doing some of the very right things He would want me to do but I was failing in cultivating a deep and honorable relationship with Christ Himself.  Where are you Lord was answered, "Right here. Right where I've always been and right where I'll always be!"

But where was I?  I was far from Him.  Singing praise songs but enjoy the music more than singing unto Him.  I was teaching solid Word but assuming I was okay and the messages were always for those I taught, because I was the teacher.  I forgot at time that the Holy Spirit gave me words and the Holy Spirit gave me confidence and the ability to stand before hundreds to teach the Word.

So where are you God?  I'm right here and I know I've not been the best of friends!  I haven't always set apart the time for just us and I haven't always praised you, just praised you without the plea for something.  I forgot that friends spend time together.  I forgot friends should be honored in a way that strikes a chord deep in our heart.  I forgot to look for you, seek you, desire only you and reach out in innocence knowing you are there. 

I today want more of Him and I want to serve Him and I want this relationship to dominate everything I do.  So you'll be seeing more posts on this cyber conversation called Jailhouse Jesus and soon you will see the book on Kindle Books.  Because as I grow in Him and we become inseparable He will give me the will to complete these projects and move on in life in more ways...that He directs. 

Won't you join me in seeking the Lord deeper, more, abundantly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Production Blog for Courageous

Books worth a look